Our children. Our community. Our future.
Join our Community of Support Club by signing up to make a regular, monthly donation to Children First/ Communities In Schools. Like direct deposit or instant bill pay, this program is easy, efficient, and cost-effective – and it provides critical support to Children First/ Communities In Schools all year round.
It’s easy for you, and makes a huge difference to us!
Your monthly gift is an investment in our mission that will support the infrastructure of our organization. For example:
- $10 provides materials for one parenting class at our Family Resource Center at Emma
- $20 provides one month of healthy afterschool snacks for a child in one of our three Learning Centers
- $40 provides emergency food boxes to 10 families of four
- $50 provides transportation for our Learning Center students to attend enrichment activities for one month
- $75 supports public advocacy for issues that make a difference to low-income families, including access to affordable child care, housing, and food
- $85 covers the cost of a monthly Mind the Gap tour to educate current and potential volunteers, donors, and advocates about child poverty in Buncombe County and how CF/CIS fills the gaps
- $100 will provide one-time emergency utility or rent assistance to a family in crisis
- $150 provides one month of homework assistance for 30 at-risk students
- $175 provides materials for a service learning project organized by Project POWER/ AmeriCorps members
- $200 provides ten hours of case management for a client to set and meet a goal, such as finding a job, furthering their education, creating a budget, or moving into new housing
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Community of Support Club?
The Community of Support Club allows donors to easily make their gift to CF/ CIS in regular monthly installments.
A monthly gift is charged to your credit card every month. Simply decide how much you’d like to give and Paypal will automatically bill your credit card each month for this amount.
A record of each gift will appear on your bank or credit card statement and you will receive an annual receipt from CF/CIS in January for your tax records.
How does it help CF/CIS?
Monthly contributions provide CF/CIS with an on-going, reliable source of funding. Gifts made through this program reduce our administrative costs and allow more of each gift to be used immediately to support CF/CIS’s top priorities. Monthly gifts are also “greener” by cutting down on paper and gas and emissions produced by mailings.
Many Club members chose to give $20 a month – that’s just 65 cents per day for the satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to change lives all year long.
How does it help you?
Enrolling in the program means you won’t have to worry about writing and sending a check, and the number of phone and mail reminders you receive from CF/CIS will decrease. If you choose to allow deductions to continue from year to year, you will be counted among CF/CIS’s most loyal and valued donors and be recognized for your participation in the Community of Support Club in the Annual Report.
How can I cancel or modify my monthly gift?
Your monthly gift will be automatically billed to your credit card each month unless you cancel it. You can cancel or modify your billing information or gift amount by contacting Kate Frost at 828-259-9717 or KateF@childrenfirstbc.org
Please remember to contact CF/CIS when you close accounts, change banks or get an updated expiration date for your credit card.
Have questions? Have an existing monthly donation and want to make a change?
Email KateF@childrenfirstbc.org or call 828-259-9717.