We are currently seeking to fill the position of Full-Time Operations and Project POWER/AmeriCorps Assistant
Join our staff committed to improving the lives of children, youth and their families through community collaboration, advocacy, and programs. As Communities In Schools, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Position Title: Operations and Project POWER/AmeriCorps Assistant
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, some (but minimal) nights, weekends
Reports To: Project POWER/AmeriCorps Coordinator and Executive Director
Salary: low $30,000s annually
Benefits: 12 paid holidays; health (including vision and dental) vacation/sick days
The Operations and Project POWER/AmeriCorps Assistant is responsible for the organization and coordination of all office operations and activities, including providing assistance with the AmeriCorps grant. This position provides advanced administrative support activities as related to communications, calendar management, presentations, meetings and project support. Focus areas of AmeriCorps grant assistance range from member engagement, site visiting, data collection and entry, training, and maintaining agency partner relationships.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required but may change based on the needs and growth of the organization.
We are looking for an individual that:
- Committed to a mission of “…empowering children and their families to reach their full potential through advocacy, education and services. As Communities In Schools, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
- Has a growth mind – set
- Problem-solves, thinks strategically, is proactive and takes initiative
- Has excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Determines priorities and organizes tasks while working with parallel projects/multiple deadlines.
- Builds strong working relationships; evidence of tact and integrity in dealing with others.
- Anticipate needs, seek out relevant information and provide appropriate and timely response.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
- Works independently and within a team on one-time and ongoing projects.
- Presents a professional and positive attitude and appearance
- Has strong computer skills. Is proficient in MS Office, mail merge functions, graphs, tables and web-based tools such as “Doodle” and “Survey Monkey”
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have experiences as an Assistant or Executive Assistant
- Speak conversational Spanish
- Have the ability to troubleshoot tech related issues
- Have an interest in Advocacy related work
- Provide day-to-day clerical support, including typing, filing, answering phone, receiving messages, retrieving voice and internet mail, conducting telephone calls, opening and distributing post office mail, maintaining and organizing general office files, computer files, notebooks, and purchasing and keeping supplies inventoried, available, and organized
- Manages frequently changing calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings.
- Be available to staff and public for needs associated with CF/CIS administrative office
- Serve as main contact for reservations of rooms, set up/clean-up for meetings, conferences, and retreats connected to administrative work site and as requested
- Maintain professional office environment including maintenance of office equipment, business-like appearance of office and cleanliness of office.
- Ensures protection and security of files and records including transfers and disposal of records according to retention schedules and policies
- Maintains an annual calendar
- Assists at other CF/CIS sites
- Maintains existing vendor contacts and implements bidding process in accordance with financial policies.
- Maintain the organization’s vehicle and ensure it is meeting legal compliance and DOT regulations
- Trains staff and others on use, security and tracking of mileage for CF/CIS vehicle
- Manage agency insurance
- Handles reporting as needed
- Prepares deposit and takes deposit to bank
- Weekly processing of checks
- Enter data into electronic formats
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel files and ensure confidentiality and proper retention rules of such files are followed
- Assisting Finance and Operations Coordinator with onboarding new employees
Assistance to the Executive Director and Board
- Assists the Executive Director with scheduling and written correspondence as needed.
- Represents executive office with discretion and in a professional manner. Handles confidential information.
- Responsible for Board and Executive committee communication including scheduling meetings, preparing and disseminating minutes and materials.
- Maintain records/manuals pertaining to Board of Directors
50% of this position will be devoted to assisting Project POWER/AmeriCorps
- Collect and aggregate records of member activities (time logs, enrichment activity sheets, volunteer recruitment logs, service-learning documents, meeting attendance, etc.).
- Schedule trainers and meeting space as needed.
- Assist with grant writing for service-learning materials.
- Assist with overall management of AmeriCorps grant and program.
- Assist with management of community partnerships consisting of agencies and school-systems. Assist in communicating program deadlines, reminders, and policy to site supervisors and community partners.
- Assist with the development of sustainability efforts and management of public relations for program.
- Assist with member recruitment and retention.
- Assist with the initial orientation for training and development of members
- Assist as needed with team activities and retreats.
- Maintain accurate, accessible records of member activities (member files, time logs, activity logs, volunteer recruitment logs, etc.).
- Assist with the organization of team projects and other service activities.
- Collect, aggregate and enter evaluation data into data base.
Computer System and Data Bases
- Serves as point person and is responsible for coordination of office Information Technology (working with contracted IT provider), maintenance and office equipment and supplies.
- Serve as support to staff to correct computer issues and resolving technical difficulties
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Work collaboratively with all CF/CIS staff to maintain a positive image.
- Attend trainings when required and funding is available.
- Understand and demonstrate the mission and goals of CF/CIS.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director
- Provide all paperwork and reports needed to Children First/CIS
- Attend and participate in all CF/CIS staff functions including staff meetings
- Cross train, share information and communicate with all applicable staff
- Other duties, as assigned.
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com