We are currently seeking to fill the position of Part-Time Learning Center Site Leader as a co-leader in our after-school learning center.
Join our staff committed to improving the lives of children, youth and their families through community collaboration, advocacy, and programs. As Communities In Schools, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
JOB TITLE: Learning Center Site Leader
REPORTS TO: Learning Center Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Hourly, non-exempt. Part-time. Must be available during center operating hours 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; a few weekends, evenings, and full time (8-5PM) during nine weeks of summer camp
PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE: To assist the Learning Center Coordinator and co-leaders in planning and implementing Learning Center after-school and summer camp programs.
• High school education.
• Experience working with children.
• Have or obtain current lifeguard certification
• Ability to drive a 14 passenger mini bus; have 5 years driving experience
SUMMARY OF DUTIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Interact with children on an individual, small and large group level.
• Insure the supervision, care, and safety of children at all times.
• Facilitate activities and prepare and sets up supplies as needed.
• Implement behavior guidance techniques
• Prepare, serve, and clean up snacks and other meals if needed.
• Complete all paperwork in a timely fashion; activity sheets, attendance, behavior guidance, incident reports, parent contacts, etc.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings.
• Ability to project a positive professional image of the Children First/CIS to the community.
• Ability to maintain the center at or above Children First/CIS standards.
• Ability to work with diverse populations with an outgoing, friendly, and welcoming manner.
• Ability to develop a harmonious working relationship with supervisors, employees, volunteers, community partners, and the general public.
• Flexible work style that can accommodate diverse needs of children, work interruptions, and crisis calls.
• An open and creative mind that will be receptive to new and innovative ideas.
• An ability to give and receive information effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to perform duties with considerable independence of action, decision making, and to make correct application of policies and procedures.
• Ability to plan, organize, direct, and prioritize areas of responsibility.
• Ability to do light to heavy lifting and have good physical health and endurance.
• Ability to maintain a clean, safe, and visually pleasing atmosphere for children.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by a person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All or any portion of this job description is subject to elimination, modification or addition at any time at the direction of the Children First/Communities In Schools.
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 per hour, no benefits
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume. You may also submit your application to: email@example.com