Welcome to the Children First/Communities In Schools Volunteer page! We will walk you through the steps to get you signed up as one of our wonderful Volunteers so we can get you started as soon as possible! It’s a simple three step process- complete the application, sign up for an orientation, and sign up for your project!
FIRST STEP: Download the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION and then email it to JodiF@childrenfirstbc.org.
SECOND STEP: Sign up for a VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION:
Volunteer orientations are offered twice per month and are required to volunteer with Children First/Communities In Schools. Please click the link below and use the username and password you just created to login. If you have forgotten this, please contact Jodi Ford at JodiF@childrenfirstbc.org or 828-620-9091 for assistance.
• CLICK HERE to sign in to the online portal. Follow the steps below to complete the Volunteer Orientation Registration process.
• Go to the drop-down box to the right and select “Volunteer Orientation Registration”
• This will take you to a listing of volunteer orientation dates.
• Select the date that works best for you and we will see you at the Children First/CIS Family Resource Center (see directions below) on the date you selected! Contact Jodi Ford at 828-620-9091 or JodiF@childrenfirstbc.org for any questions.
THIRD STEP: Log Into Your Account and Indicate Your Fields of Volunteer Interest
• On the dropdown menu that says “What would you like to do,” click “Volunteer”
• Indicate any projects in which you are interested by checking the box next to the project
• Click “Apply”
• Your information will automatically be filled in. If everything is correct, click “Submit”
FINAL STEP: Follow these directions to the Children First/CIS Family Resource Center for your Volunteer Orientation and we will see you on the date you selected!
Directions to the Children First/CIS Family Resource Center at Emma:
37 Brickyard Road, Asheville 28806 on the campus of Emma Elementary. Please do not rely on your GPS soley, as it will get you to the campus of Emma Elementary School, but not the specific building that houses the Resource Center.
• Take Patton Ave. West– away from Asheville
• Turn Right (at Kmart and Wachovia Bank) onto Louisiana Ave. (going North),
• Go over the railroad tracks,
• At the Light – Turn Left onto Emma Rd.
• Take the next Right turn onto Brickyard Rd.
• Turn Right into Emma Elementary School, go up the hill
• Turn Left and head up the hill toward the playground
• Take a Right when you reach the top of the hill by the playground. Go straight towards the trailer next to the Community Garden and park in any available spot.
• Ahead, you will see two portable buildings. The brown trailer furthest from the parking lot is the Family Resource Center. Go up the wooden ramp that runs parallel to the Community Garden.
• If the parking lot is full, you can park in the school’s lot.
DOWNLOAD VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK
Click Here to download the Children First CIS VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK. Please make sure you have a copy of this handbook, as it contains important information, examples of Math strategies, directions to our volunteer sites, and staff and site phone numbers.