Position Title: Resource Development Coordinator
Hours: 20 hours per week, some nights, weekends
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Office Location: Administrative Office
Benefits: Not Applicable for Part-Time Positions
The Resource Development Coordinator assists the Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team with planning, execution, and evaluation of development goals for the organization. This includes donor development, grants, special events and implementing related volunteer coordination including recruitment, orientation, retention and appreciation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure that fund development is carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision and strategic and fundraising plans.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop an annual development plan to include fund development activities and develop cultivation and stewardship techniques. The plan should include one-on-one donor visits, direct mail, events, major gifts, foundations, other grantors, and corporations.
- Develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results and help the Executive Director, Resource Development Committee and Board evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Assist with management, writing and reporting on grants.
- Assist with management of the donor database including tracking donors and printing reports.
- Identify and create opportunities for Board members to actively fundraise.
- Assist with preparation and reporting for Board and attend Board and Resource Development Committee meetings when needed.
- Coordinate and implement all special events.
- Assist with management of the Mind the Gap tours.
- Adhere to the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Ethical Guidelines.
- Keep informed of current philanthropic giving trends and techniques.
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization.
- Provide initial and on-going training and support to resource development associated volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with all CF/CIS staff to maintain a positive image.
- Attend trainings when required and funding is available.
- Understand and demonstrate the mission and goals of CF/CIS.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Director.
- Provide all paperwork and reports needed to Children First/CIS.
- Attend and participate in all CF/CIS staff functions including staff meetings.
- Cross train, share information and communicate with all applicable staff.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to work independently and with diverse groups of people.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Committed to a mission of “…empowering children and their families to reach their full potential through advocacy, education and services. As Communities In Schools, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
- Ability to researching publicly available data via the Internet and traditional media.
- Utilize data to drive planning, to set meaningful targets and continually assess progress.
- Strong ability to cultivate, build, and maintain relationships.
- Take initiative and actively seek to deepen current donor relationships and cultivate new ones.
- Confident and professional when interacting with donors, foundations, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of development and fundraising experience preferably in a non-profit environment with a successful track record of raising funds using multiple strategies.
- Planning and coordinating development activities.
- Computer literate and comfortable with learning new computer software and applications.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com