Program: Communities in Schools
Position Title: Student Support Specialist
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, some nights, weekends
Reports To: Director of Community Supports
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has experience in education, mentoring or social services and can help us continue to improve how we serve people of color. Specifically, we are seeking candidates that are representative of the communities that we serve.
Student Support Specialists have the ability to form their plan based on what the school and students most need. We are looking for an organized, self-starter who can receive feedback and adjust accordingly. Spanish language skills are a plus.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Communities In Schools Student Support Specialist
- Collaborate with school staff to assess, identify and prioritize student needs and make appropriate linkages to needed academic, physical, or social services to children in need including but not limited to
- Attending CHAPS, IEP and Behavior Management meetings
- Conducting home visits
- Develop and implement the annual site plan and work plan
- Work with and support students, parents, faculty and staff in delivering Tier I, II & III level services.
- Successfully recruit, train, and retain community volunteers.
- Provide overall scheduling and coordination of volunteer/student relations.
- Serve as a communication conduit for gathering/exchanging information.
- Successfully match and retain volunteers to work with students and meet identified needs.
- Regularly track all Tier I, II & III services and student outcomes in CIS Data Management System (CISDM).
- Ensure that all paperwork and electronic documentation is current.
- Enter student case plans into CISDM for all students receiving Tier II & III Services.
- Prepare data on progress toward implementing the annual site plan as well as progress toward achieving goals stated in the annual site plan.
- Provide this data at specified times to site leadership, Director of Community Supports and/or Executive Director.
- Complete all required grant, and agency paperwork.
- Develop positive relationships with and serve as point of contact for parents, teachers, social workers, counselors, and principals.
Community Site Role
- Provide Tier II & III supports to students’ after school, in community.
- Build relationships with parents and students to help bridge the gap between community and school.
- Works collaboratively with all CF/CIS staff to maintain a positive image.
- Attend training when required and funding is available.
- Understands and demonstrate the mission and goals of CF/CIS.
- Participate in CF/CIS Staff meetings and events.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Experience and Requirements:.
- Committed to a mission of “…empowering children and their families to reach their full potential through advocacy, education and services and surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.”
- Ability to work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use computers to manage data and compose reports.
37.5 between the hours of 8AM and 6PM. Limited evening and weekends may be required.
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.